5 Signs You Need To Replace Your Toilet
A leaking toilet can cause a lot of water damage in your Central Hollywood, CA, home. If you let the fixture remain in your bathroom, you may have recurring water problems. It can be hard to know when a repair can fix the problem or when you need to replace the toilet. Use these tips to help you figure out what's right for your situation.
1. Standing water at the base. Standing water around your toilet is a sure sign you have a leak. You may notice this puddle of water if the seal of your toilet is old and worn out. Not only could this stream of fluids cause damage, but it can cost you money in wasted water too.
2. Widespread corrosion. An old toilet may have rust on some metal parts. If you notice this corrosion on multiple pieces of your fixture, it's often better to replace it rather than try to repair it.
3. Cracks in the porcelain. Cracks in the tank or bowl can also lead to a leaking toilet. These cracks may form over time or when a heavy object falls on the toilet. Look for signs of damage every time you clean the bathroom.
4. Constant running. A constantly running toilet usually points to a worn-out flapper or a misaligned float. Sometimes this issue can be addressed with a toilet repair, however, in some cases, a replacement may be best.
5. Hissing in the tank. Do you hear a strange hissing sound coming from your tank? This could be a sign that water is being forced through a smaller-than-normal hole. Whether you have sediment buildup or a worn-out valve, it could be a sign that you need to think about a replacement soon.
If you have a leaking toilet, you should call in a plumber and water remediation team to address the situation. Working with these professionals can help you figure out if a repair or replacement is best for you.