What Is Category 1 Water Damage?
What is Category 1 Water Damage and How Do You Fix It?
Category 1 water damage is clean water. Category 1 water is typically caused by a small leak in faucets or pipes in your home or business. It may also be the result of a sink overflow or other appliance malfunction. The best thing to do when you encounter category 1 water damage is to take immediate action and contact your insurance company immediately so they can assess the situation and help you decide how best to proceed with repairs.
Category 1 water damage is clean water.
Category 1 water damage is clean water. It is not sewage, or chemical. It is not contaminated with other materials and does not require special disposal methods.
The presence of any of these contaminants in your Bel Air, CA home could make it a category 2 or 3 water event and therefore more expensive to repair the damage done to your property. Category 2 and 3 water damage requires professional remediation by a licensed restoration company that offers full insurance coverage.
What are the sources of category 1 water damage?
Category 1 water damage can be caused by several things, including:
- broken water supply lines or excessive pressure in the system.
- overflowing dishwasher or washing machine.
- leaking roof or sprinkler system.
- burst pipes.
How do you handle category 1 water damage?
If you've ever had a pipe burst or a toilet overflow, then you know how frustrating it can be to deal with water damage. Not only does it leave unsightly stains on your carpet, walls, and wood flooring, but it can also cause mold to grow if not dried properly.
To avoid these issues altogether—and keep your home safe—it's important that you call a highly experienced and trained water mitigation expert, such as SERVPRO of Bel Air.
3 things to do after a Category 1 water loss.
- Remove all traces of water from floors, carpets, countertops etcetera if possible—but only if it won't ruin anything else around them!
- Dry out the area as quickly as possible. When dealing with Category 1 water damage, you want to dry out everything as quickly as possible—otherwise mold will grow and cause more problems. The longer moisture stays in an area, the greater risk there is for mold growth and other complications down the line, such as serious structural damage.
- Call a professional. If you have water damage that’s not obvious and you can’t tell where it started, don’t try to tackle the problem yourself. If a Category 1 situation has occurred, call in the pros right away: they will be able to assess what needs to be done and get started on drying out your belongings before mold starts growing.
Category 1 water damage must be taken care of immediately
Though Category 1 water damage is not as serious as category 2, it still needs to be taken care of. It can cause mold, mildew, and other issues like structural damage to the property. It is important to clean up the water immediately so that you are not putting yourself or your family at risk for any health problems in the future.
In conclusion, category 1 water damage can be a lot more serious than it may seem. It is important to get any water damage repaired immediately so that you don’t end up facing bigger problems down the road. If your property has suffered from category 1 water damage, contact us today for professional water restoration services!