Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
A Few Do's and Don'ts
Fire damage can wreak havoc on a home or your business, and usually it happens out of nowhere. When the unfortunate event of a fire happens, our team at SERVPRO of Bel Air/West Hollywood is here to assist you 24/7 with fire damage restoration and cleanup.
Our team at SERVPRO prides ourselves in being a responsive partner in fire remediation and restoration. While you do wait for our emergency services to arrive, there are a few steps you can take to get started. Please remember to make safety your first priority.
Below are some tips to know after suffering commercial or residential fire damage.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (310) 572-6132
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.